OPEN CALL FOR PHMUSEUM ONLINE EXHIBITION
The PHmuseum (Bologna, Italy) and PannaFoto Institute (Jakarta, Indonesia) are pleased to invite visual storytellers from around the globe to submit completed or on-going photographic projects for the online exhibition on the PHmuseum platform to be held in October 2020 to January 2021.
Regardless of what you define yourself -photographers, artists, photojournalists and other professions- as long as you use photography as the language, you are eligible to submit your works. We look forward to seeing a body of work with diverse approaches that translate the theme into unpredictable photographic projects. At this edition, the online exhibition will focus on stories from South East Asia and South Asia that are created by any nationality, aged 18 years or older. The project selection will be carried out by the Panna team, which consist of Edy Purnomo, Ng Swan Ti and Yoppy Pieter. This following introduction may assist you to work on your submission.
Southeast Asia and South Asia regions mostly consist of densely populated countries characterized by their diversity in many aspects. The majority of the countries in these regions are home to different ethnic groups with their own languages, cultures and religious beliefs.
After gaining independence, those countries faced some serious problems such as slow economic growth, rapid population growth, poverty and corruption. At the same time, they faced the challenge to develop a steady method of self-governing. As for now, these regions are experiencing explosive economic growth.
The contrast in social, cultural, economical, political and religious realism have already created numerous frictions within everyday life, that are further escalated by the impacts of economic growth. Nowadays, these countries, just like any other country in the world, also have to face the global pandemic COVID-19 which forces the inhabitants to slow down the rhythm of everyday life.
We are interested to see visual storytellers’ statements from all around the world on the society within the regions in relation to the consequences of the current (economic) challenges, be it in social or personal subjects and matters.
Terms and conditions:
- Projects submitted must be in line with the introduction above mentioned focusing stories from South East Asia and South Asia, created by any nationality, aged 18 years or older.
- You are welcome to submit more than one project in separate applications.
- You must be the sole owner of the rights to the works who enable to guarantee the consents of people on the projects.
- The application(s) must contain the following:
- A completed application form in English.
- A compressed file (ZIP or RAR) with the size of not exceeding 30MB. Each photograph must be sent in JPEG format with a size of 2000 pix on the long side, 150 dpi, and saved at quality level 8. Each submission is a maximum of 60 images in total, numbered sequentially by the author’s name. The curatorial team will reduce the number of photographs to be showcased with your permission.
- Please send your application(s) via WeTransfer by 23 August 2020 at 8 pm (Indonesian Western Standard Time) or 3 PM CEST to: email@example.com.
A confirmation email will be delivered to you. If you do not receive any email from us within 3 days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
23 August 2020: application deadline
31 August 2020: announcement of selected projects will be done through our website (no private email to announce the selection).
13 October 2020-11 January 2021: online exhibition
Any additional queries you may have can also be sent to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your proposals!
This is a collaborative project between PHmuseum (Bologna, Italy) and PannaFoto Institute (Jakarta, Indonesia).